Sunday, September 13, 2026

Bread and Circuses

 

"Some people in fake news are accusing me of bribery when it comes to giving away $5,000 to everyone if the Republicans maintain control of the Senate and House.  Some even go so far as to call me a hypocritical Socialist.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  Pinky swear.  No, I'm just admiring the concept of 'Bread and Circuses,' a system of government first pioneered by the Romans, rulers of the most tremendous empire in history.  Nothing could compare.  Even the Mongols, quite frankly.  Especially since they were from Chyna.  It's a shame the Romans were betrayed by their people in the media with their lying stone tablets and lost their beautiful empire.  Sad, really.  Although, I can guarantee that if I was born 1,600 years ago, there would have been no Goth invasion." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread and Circuses

  "Some people in fake news are accusing me of bribery when it comes to giving away $5,000 to everyone if the Republicans maintain cont...