 |
| Uh oh |
If this looks vaguely familiar to those who've been with me for a while, it should. The basic gist of this post was...uh...posted (my 'synonym' bank account is low) last year at Penwasser Place. While I usually dislike posting reposts,
I felt it was important to return to the well. And, bonus for those who just joined? This is new material.
Socialism, especially with the younger people, seems to be increasingly in vogue lately. When I first expressed my opinions, it was viewed as superior to capitalism (i.e., the popularity of Zohran Mamdani). Capitalism isn't perfect, but it beats the snot of any alternative.
Socialism still is viewed favorably by stupid people.
 |
| "See this 'Z'? Gonna cost ya." |
Now, with the successful nomination of Abdul el-Sayed for Michigan senator and that lunatic, Angie Nixon, for Florida senator,
 |
| "And here you thought Minnesota had all the crazy people. Tampon?" |
Socialism is becoming all the rage. Sure, it appears that this is limited largely to the Democrats since Republicans are generally immune to batshit craziness,
 |
| Not completely, though |
but it will be a factor in the Mid-Terms this November.
How much of this is related to "Orange Man Bad"? Unsure, but Cheeto doesn't do himself any good every time he opens his mouth.
They cloak themselves in the mantle of "Democratic Socialist," so as not to appear too extreme. But, have a look at the DSA platform. You'll see that these moonbats will be the death of our country if given the keys to the government. Tragically, impressionable young skulls full of mush are prone to being seduced by the dark side.
 |
| "I find your use of the term 'dark side' most disturbing. You'll be hearing from my attorneys." |
Anyway, since I didn't want to go off half-cocked (that sounds dirty), I looked up the definition of "Socialism" in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Then, just for fun, I looked up "communism."
Socialism:
1. Any of various egalitarian economic and political theories or movements advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production or goods.
2. A system of society or group living in which there is no private property.
3. A system or condition of society in which the means of production are owned and controlled by the state.
Communism:
1. A system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed.
2. A theory advocating elimination of private property.
To me, the two look very similar. In fact, our good friends at Merriam-Webster state that "communism" is an advanced form of "socialism."
As a theory, socialism is an outstanding way to go. In fact, it would be utopia. As children growing up, we lived in a socialist unit. Everyone sharing with each other all that they had and taking care of the very least of us.
Can't won't argue the basic fairness of that.
The only problem is that socialism is not restricted to a laboratory. Its utopian ideals will be soured by human beings. Some, certainly not most, human beings are notoriously self-serving. They will reason that working for others is for suckers. Why put forth the effort if they're just going to have their every need met?
 |
"Those who will not work shall not eat." "Up yours!" ""Well, that seems rude." |
Then, the more hard-working people see lazy slack-asses getting something for nothing, the more they will wonder: why in the world should I keep on working?
After all, Uncle Sugar will provide them what they "deserve."
There's a saying which is several decades old, but it's just as relevant today. According to Margaret Thatcher, "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."
 |
| "I also said dental care is overrated. I said what I said." |
Are there people who need a hand-up? Unquestionably. Are they also others who will just sit on their asses, waiting for the next government check? Absolutely.
These are the people who laud the Democratic Socialists of America as the saviors of America.
Related: If you're interested in the above, you may want to (if you haven't already) read my post on the
Red-Green Alliance.
No comments:
Post a Comment